Money laundering policy
Internal policy in the field of counteracting money laundering
In order to reduce the phenomenon of money laundering, the Bitcan.pl website administrator takes steps to ensure transaction security and compliance of the website with applicable law.
The administrator of the Bitcan.pl website was indicated as an obligated institution pursuant to the Act of 1 March 2018 on counteracting money laundering and terrorist financing, hereinafter referred to as the Act. The Polish Act implements Directive (EU) 2015/849 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 May 2015 on the prevention of the use of the financial system for money laundering or terrorist financing as well as the recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) regarding the above-mentioned issues.
The administrator of the Bitcan.pl website as an obligated institution is obliged to fulfill the obligations arising from the provisions of the Act. To this end, it implements an internal policy in the field of anti-money laundering, including in particular:
1. the implementation of an internal procedure specifying the website conduct rules to ensure compliance with the obligations set out in the Act. The procedure is an internal document and the Bitcan.pl Website Administrator undertakes to exercise due diligence controlling the proper application of the procedure by employees;
2. ensuring that persons performing anti-money laundering obligations participate in relevant training programs;
3. identification and assessment of risk related to the possibility of using the website's activities for money laundering, updated at least every 2 years;
4. the use of financial security measures, in particular consisting in the identification of Users and real beneficiaries and verification of their identity, ongoing monitoring of transactions, keeping a register of transactions, under a contract concluded between the User and the Website at the time of User Account registration and acceptance of the Website's Regulations. The conditions for applying financial security measures are set out in detail in §7 of the Website's Regulations. Detailed conditions for identifying and verifying Users' identities are set out in §4 of the Website's Regulations;
6. providing to the General Inspector of Financial Information (GIIF) information on circumstances that may indicate a suspicion of committing a crime of money laundering or terrorist financing as well as a justified suspicion that a specific transaction or property values may be related to such an offense. In addition, the Bitcan.pl website administrator is obliged to provide information about the accepted payment or withdrawal of funds with an equivalent exceeding EUR 15,000;
7. suspending transactions in accordance with the provisions of the Act and the guidelines received from the GIFI in connection with a justified suspicion of committing a crime of money laundering or terrorist financing;
8. direct cooperation with law enforcement authorities and authorities, in particular with the prosecutor's office, in the event of reasonable suspicion that a specific transaction or property values may be related to a crime other than money laundering or terrorist financing.
All actions taken to perform the above obligations are in accordance with generally accepted good practices and applicable law, in particular regarding the protection of personal data.
The administrator of the Bitcan.pl website is subject to the control of the GIFI or the customs and tax office as regards the fulfillment of duties as an obligated institution.
The administrator of the Bitcan.pl website reserves the right to refuse to carry out transactions with entities on sanction lists or suspected of committing a crime. Thus, any suspicion of non-compliance of the Website or its Users with the applicable law should be immediately reported to the Administrator at the following address: [email protected]
Detailed conditions for the operation of the Website and for conducting transactions and their security are set out in the Website Regulations.
This internal policy has been applicable since July 5, 2019.
The content of AML Policy is translated on 16.03.2020 from Polish version available at: https://bitcan.pl/aml , and this is the primary reference in cases of contractual conditions.