Whenever this document refers to:
- Administrator — it shall be understood as the administrator of personal data within the meaning of Art. 4 point 7 of GDPR, that being the owner of the service “BITCAN” — BITCAN sp. z o.o., Swoboda 11, 60-389 Poznań, NIP: 6292495068, REGON: 384619443, entered in the Register of Businesses maintained by the District Court of Poznań — Nowe Miasto w Poznań, VIII Economic Division of the National Court Register under KRS 00808472. Share capital 10,500,00 PLN.
- Website — it shall be understood as an Internet service called “Bitcan.pl”, run by BITCAN sp. z o.o., Swoboda 11, 60-389 Poznań, available at the Internet address www.bitcan.pl.
- User — it shall be understood as a natural person, legal person, or unincorporated organization who has accepted the Terms and Conditions and uses the Service.
- Services — it shall be understood as the services provided electronically by the website “Bitcan.pl” consisting in allowing the User to buy or sell virtual currency units available on the Website.
- Personal Data — it shall be understood as the personal data of Users within the meaning of Art. 4 point 1 of the GDPR transmitted in connection with the use of the services of the Service.
- Processing of personal data — it shall be understood as any operations carried out on personal data within the meaning of Art. 4 point 2 of the GDPR.
- GDPR — Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Journal of Laws). EU U. 2016 item L119).
- Act of 1 March 2018 on money laundering and terrorist financing prevention — the Act of 1 March 2018 on the money laundering and financing of terrorism prevention (OJ 2018 pos. 723) implementing Directive (EU) 2015/849 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 May 2015 on preventing the use of the financial system for money laundering or terrorist financing and repealing the Act of 16 November 2000 on Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Prevention.
- Terms and Conditions — the Terms and Conditions of the Service available at www.bitcan.pl/regulamin.
§2 General information
- The Service performs the functions of obtaining information about Users and their behavior through: a) data being entered in the forms; b) identification and verification of the identity of the Users in accordance with the Terms and Conditions; c) saving cookie files to the end devices (so-called “cookies”); d) the collection of web server logs and other information created in connection or as a result of the operation and use of the Service.
§3 Rules related to the collection of Users Personal Data
- The Service collects the information provided by the User.
- The service can also save information about connection parameters (time stamps, IP address, etc.).
- The data obtained shall not be transmitted to a third country unless, at the request of entities entitled to receive it under applicable law, including the competent authorities of justice within the limits of applicable law.
- The data obtained shall not be made available to third parties, except for certain situations: a) The User agrees to this; b) it will be necessary in order to provide the Services, in particular in the technical scope, payment services or other entities with whom the Administrator cooperates in the implementation of the Service; c) it will be necessary in order to fulfil the obligations under applicable law — including, above all, the Act of 1 March 2018 on money laundering and terrorist financing prevention - and within the limits of those laws, particularly the obligations towards justice authorities. Data may also be provided to attorneys and solicitors working with the Administrator.
§4 Scope of Personal Data and its Processing
- Using the Website requires you to create a user account. In order to create a user account, the User is required to provide their email address, phone number and create a password.
- Bearing in mind the requirements of the Act of 1 March 2018 on countering money laundering and terrorist financing, the Administrator shall verify the identity of the User on the basis of the identity document and the resulting personal data prior to the establishment of economic relations and the transaction. Detailed rules for carrying out verification are set out in §4 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The User shall be fully responsible for the correct and factually consistent supplementing of the User's data referred to in the paragraph 2.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Journal of Laws). EU U. 2016 item L119) and by Act of 10 May 2018 on the personal data protection.
- The basis for data processing is the consent of the User or legal provisions authorising the processing of personal data, including in particular the Act of 1 March 2018 on the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The provision of data by the User is voluntary though necessary for the provision of the Services.
- Personal Data shall not be made available to other entities without the knowledge of the User except for those authorized under the law.
- According to Art. 34 point 4 of the Act of 1 March 2018 on countering money laundering and terrorist financing, the Administrator has the right to make copies of documents proving the identity of the Users and, insofar as it is obliged to store User data, uses this right.
- Duly secured copies of documents and information obtained for the purposes referred to in paragraph 1. and 2. will be kept until the obligations under the applicable laws expire.
§5 User Rights
- The User has the right to access and correct the content of Personal Data.
- The User is entitled to request the his Personal Data is supplemented, updated, rectified, they can request to temporarily or permanently withhold processing or deletion thereof if it is incomplete, out of date, untrue or has been collected in violation of the law or is already unnecessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected.
- The Administrator may refuse to remove Personal Data, in a reasonable case, if this is due to the provisions of the law — including, above all, the Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Prevention Act of 1 March 2018 - or if that information is the subject of an ongoing investigation or it is necessary to clarify the circumstances of the User's violation of the Terms and Conditions, to the extent necessary to fulfill the following obligations:
- In case of doubts regarding the processing of Personal Data, you may obtain clarification from the Administrator and have the right to lodge a request, reservation or complaint to the supervisory authority.
- The basis of data processing is, in particular, the applicable rules and regulations and consent if granted by the User.
- Users Personal Data will not be processed in an automated manner, including in the form of profiling.
- Data Administrator Contact: [email protected]
§6 Cookies Information
- Cookie files (so-called “cookies”) constitute IT data, in particular text files, which are stored in the User's end device and are intended for the use of the Website. Cookies typically include the name of the website they came from, the time they were stored on the end device, and a unique number.
- The Entity that posts cookies and accesses cookies on the User's end device is the Administrator.
- Cookies are used for the following purposes: a) to create statistics to assist understanding of how Users use websites, which makes it possible to improve their structure and content; b) maintain a session of the User (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Service; c) specify the profile of the User in order to display matching material to him on advertising networks, in particular the Google network.
- The Website uses two essential types of cookies: “session” (session cookies) and “persistent” (persistent cookies). “Session” cookies are temporary files that are stored in the User's end device until you log out, leave the website, or disable the software (web browser). “Persistent” cookies are stored on the User's end device for a period specified in the parameters of cookies or until they are removed by the User.
- Web browsing software (web browser) usually allows cookies to be stored on the User's end device by default. Users can change the settings in this regard. The web browser allows you to delete cookies. It is also possible to automatically block cookies. For details, see the help or documentation of the web browser.
- Cookies may be used by advertising networks, in particular the Google network, to display advertisements tailored to the way the User uses the Service. To do this, they may retain information about the User's navigation path or the time they remain on a given website.
- In terms of information about User preferences collected by Google's advertising network, the User may view and edit information resulting from cookies using the following tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
§7 Server Logs
- Information about certain Users' activities is subject to loging to the server layer. This data shall be used to administer the site and to ensure that the hosting services provided are as efficient as possible, as well as for evidence in relation to crimes committed or for circumstances relating to civil claims.
- The resources you view are identified through URLs. In addition, the following data may also be recorded: a) the time of arrival of the query, b) the time of sending a reply, c) User station name — identification implemented by HTTP, HTTPS, d) information about errors occurring in the implementation of HTTP, HTTPS transactions, e) the URL of the page previously visited by the User (referer link) — in case the move to the Website occurred through a link, f) information about the User's browser, g) information about the IP address.
- Some of the above data is not associated with specific Users using the Service. The Administrator does not connect this data to the User's Personal Data and does not use it to identify the User, as it is used only for the purposes of server administration.
§8 Cookie Management
- If you do not want to receive cookies, you may change your browser settings. We stipulate that disabling the handling of cookies necessary for processes of authentication, security, or maintenance of User preferences may impede, and in extreme cases may prevent the use of the Service.
- Information about the management of cookies settings in a particular web browser can be found on the website of its publisher.
You may contact the Administrator for information at: [email protected]